Finished my take on the Storm Talon this morning, the wings showed yesterday but I didn't get a chance to get to it. They are two Storm Raven tails with the fuselage section removed and have been mounted in the same position as was intended for the wings.
If I had the tools I would probably be chamfering the leading edges but I don't and I am happy enough with this to let it slide without feeling guilty, I still think it's a vast improvement on what we were issued with anyway.
I am calling it a Mars-Pattern as the design is quite different as is the configuraton of the weaponary. This would be more of a 'flyer' than the helicopter that GW intended it to be, climbing and diving, strafing ground targets and being a general menace. The main engines/wings will still go up and down but only for take-off and landing so the position of the Assault Cannons is perfect. 'Hover Strike' will be coming from the thrusters on the underbelly. Game wise though I am still going to use the WD issue rules.
I got a bit lazy on the tutorial side of things this time as I was distracted by other stuff this week (Tartatros Terminators showed up, 25 of the sexy beasts!) but if you have any specific questions about the project drop me a line in the comments and I will answer there.
Hope you have enjoyed my take on the model and until next time,
'Crises Precipitate Change'
P.s. Painted pics up on my Red Scorpions blog ASAP.